British Open @QP - 10/11th June

Does what it says on the tin!
bruce

British Open @QP - 10/11th June

Post by bruce » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

SueU

Re: British Open @QP - 10/11th June

Post by SueU » Tue May 09, 2017 8:42 am

Hi Bruce
Please could you remind me of the changes to the black course for the modified black course?
Thanks

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed May 10, 2017 7:52 am

Essentially, if there is is a shorter tee in front of the Black one, you play it instead. In some cases that's the Blue tee (e.g. hole 1), in some it's the red tee (e.g. hole 2). There are a few exceptions (OBlong OBleft, Roc or Roll, 18) where there is no difference
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Good maps and OB lists, thanks for the clarity.

One OB clarification sought please:

Is the OB line on the course boundary (and any other fences for that matter) defined by the bottom edge of the metal fence, or is this ignored and a straight line between the inside edges of the fence posts imagined?

I imagine the answer might be ‘Use the fence line if there is one, take a straight line between posts if there isn’t’? If this is the case, it may help to have stated the fence line isn’t always straight - sometimes it will favour the player, sometimes it won’t and that’s just the way it is. I’m hoping this will help avoid inconsistencies of some groups applying 'benefit of the doubt' instead of calling 'OB'.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 pm

It is always the straight line between the posts

bruce

Post by bruce » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:47 pm

bruce

Post by bruce » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Now I've had a few pints and relaxed... Bosch!! 89 players, 7 divisions, 3 rounds, 1 final. 200 shots for the winner, overcoming a 4 shot deficit in the final 9 holes. Double BDGA points for all, £1400 Open payout.

Enormous thanks to all the helpers and contributors, especially Derek, Andrew, Mark, Haukur, Gary, Richard & Jester.

I'd also like to massively thank Andrew Douse. I'm so sorry I forgot to thank you live at the event 😳 Your work producing the tournament stamp and the maps are much appreciated!!!!

Congratulations to the winners:
Declan Bransby - Open
Jester Wilson - Masters
Sue Underwood - Women
Philip Blount - Advanced Amateur
Mikael Máni Freysson - Intermediate Amateur
Marek Nowak - Recreational
Emily Hamilton - Junior Women

Results were up a couple of hours ago...
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/32420